Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Who I am Thankful For: Friends Edition

This evening I intended to update our First Unplugged Week but it just wouldn't be complete without all the pictures! Needless to say, I can't seem to find the darn camera.  I'm sure Josh isn't real surprised! With some inspiration from friends and family on Facebook, I've decided to write about what/who I am thankful for.  This one is all about my friends.  If you are not mentioned in this post, please don't be upset, I will get you in somehow! Oh, and these are listed in no particular order, just as they pop into my head! 

I am grateful for Melanie Johnson.

Mel, you have been such an inspiration to me.  A mom of two, still finding time for working out and taking care of yourself.  Finding new ways to torture yourself wether it be boot camp, a 1/2 marathon or spin class! Keep it up.  Some day I'll join you. You have always known who you are and have never lost it.  I love the fact that you have a "no bones about it" kind of personality.  We need more of that in the world.  I am also grateful you made all those dresses for my wedding 9 1/2 years ago! You have been there for me through thick and thin and took me back as a friend when I'm not sure I would've.  Thank you.  I love you.

I am grateful for Misty Boot.

Yep, stripper name and all, I love you! For those of you who don't know Misty Boot, you couldn't meet a more giving, caring, warm, wonderful person.  Seriously.  Misty, you are many things to me; a Mom, a Sister, a best friend, a cool Aunt and more.  I love your realness and genuine spirit.  You help to lift me up, help talk me through things, help when I can't ask, give hugs as needed, and more with no questions asked or IOU's.  I love to laugh with you.  You've helped me to see how much I CAN do and also to see when it's time to ask for help.  Thank you so much for everything you've done, said, given and all that will come.  There is more, so much more but I don't want to bore the s#@* out of the rest of these folks.

I am grateful for Jessica Mitchell.

Ahh, Jess.  We have had our ups and downs, haven't we? ;) I am so grateful that you have taken me back as a friend when I likely didn't deserve it.  What do I most admire in you? You are so strong, sure and determined in all aspects of your life.  You know what you want and you find a way to go out and get it.  Most people likely don't know this, but there was a time when I was like that.  Right now, I am thankful to you for showing me how to be so strong and sure.  Someday, with you as one of my reference points, I will get that part of me back that I let go of so long ago.  I am also grateful to you for getting me jump started in sewing! I freaking love when I get to sit down at the machine and pump something out.  Each time I do, I think of you and how much I learned making Ethan's first quilt.

I am grateful for Nancy Bergquist.  

Thank you, Nancy, for being such a great role model for a kind, gentle woman who gets it all done.  People have told me that Super Mom doesn't exist.  "Gafaw! I live next door to her!" I say.  You are yet another shining example of a woman who takes it all on and takes it all in stride.  Sometimes I think you put up with too much but like a "good woman" should, you take it all with a smile.  You are another woman who is many things to me; a Mom, a Sister, a best friend, a cool Aunt.  And also another woman who would do nearly anything for me without asking for payback.  Your generosity is only out matched by your warm heart.  Thank you for always having a soft place for me when I need it most.

Weird, I am noticing a pattern in all you women.....you are all strong, determined, focused, women whom I admire for all those reasons.  Parts of me that I let go of so long ago and have only recently realized it.  

I am grateful for Hanna Frerichs.  

Wow! An ICU Nurse.  What more can I say? Well, lots.  I am thankful to you for introducing me to the wonderful world of Stampin Up!.  Card making is a skill you can school just about anyone on and I am so glad to have learned from a master! You, my dear, are yet another shining example of a strong, sure, determined woman.  Getting though school, earning your degree, working at your Nursing career, buying a house of your own.  These are things I admire you for.  You did these things by and for yourself.  Even with your obstacles in the last several years, you have come through all of that a strong, determined woman.  I don't know what I would've done in your situation but I can guess I would've resembled B.O.B from Monsters vs. Aliens (except not so happy and clueless).  You are one of my oldest friends (not age-wise but time known-wise) and I am so grateful I was smart enough then to hang out with you.

I am grateful for Kristin Olson.  

Sheese! The similarities between all you ladies are astounding.  I might as well use "see above" for some of this stuff! Yep, strong, determined, sure.  You knew the path you wanted in life and walked it.  Sure there have been a few dips and such but you ride them out as if you barely felt them.  I am thankful to you for being there to tell me I was (basically, likely not your words) stupid for not asking for help with Ethan (then newborn) when we moved to Denver.  A lot of time had passed since we really hung out and I just wasn't sure about picking up the phone and laying all my basket-cased-ness on you first thing.  But, you wouldn't have it any other way.  Thank you so much for all your advice and help in those first few months, you are a life saver! Another friend I am so glad I was smart enough to hang out with in high school.  I am also grateful to you for getting me into scrapbooking.  I am pretty sure Josh (for the most part) does NOT thank you but someday, he will see that it is all worth it!

To all of you ladies:  I am so grateful for each and every one of you.  You each have a special place in my heart and will have that place forever.  Thank you for allowing me to call you my friend.

There will be several more installments of Who/What I am Thankful For so don't fret if you feel I've forgotten you.

No comments: