Friday, September 12, 2008

Got Wood?

We got our wood flooring in today! I'm very excited. We are putting in Brazilian Teak through out the main floor. We have to wait a few weeks for it to acclimate to our home. I guess that will give us some time to do all the prep work and get our painting done on the main floor. We have some tile and carpet to tear up, re-paint the kitchen (part of it) and then we're ready.



Josh went out and bought a tool belt and some really gay, really big suspenders. He's pretty excited at the prospect of doing some manual labor.

Oh, we are also going to put in a pergola over our back patio. As long as the approval comes through from the Home Owner's Association we'll tackle that job before it gets cold as well.



While Josh was picking out his really gay suspenders, I was picking out paint colors for Ethan's bedroom. I couldn't help it, I went straight for the Disney colors in the Behr section! It will be tone on tone blues (Space Hero Blue and Cast a Spell Blue) with some bright stripes in green (Sonic Boom) and orange (Orange Blast). Great names, right?

He's pretty into Thomas the Tank Engine right now so when it is painted, we'll put up the decals I bought for him. That will be nice and easy to change and the paint should work for quite some time. I'll post pictures when it's all complete.

Wish us luck with it all. I have a feeling I may get blisters...sucky suck.

No comments: