Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Knifty Knitter

I've been wanting to learn to knit for quite sometime and recently taught myself. However, I find it takes more concentration than I would like and I needed an easier way. I found it! The Knifty Knitter by Provo Craft. It is a loom knitting system that makes it more like weaving than knitting and it goes SO fast!

Here are some pics of my very first knitted project.


A cute little hat for Ethan. Don't you just love his rosy cheeks? He has been sick with the flu for the past few days and that is what a fever does to him! He does have a large head though and the size that should have fit him is a bit snug. Next time I'll try the next size up.




I am still working out the kinks of the system. For example, with worsted weight yarn, you have to use more than one strand if you want it to be thicker. Also, I didn't quite know when to stop and made the hat a bit too long. Oh well, that's why I'm still learning!

I ran out of adhesive for my scrapbooking tonight and went to Michael's to pick some up. They had some really good deals on yarn, so I've picked some up for project #2! Wish me luck.

No comments: