Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pillowcase Baby Dress

I am ADDICTED! That's the first step, right? Admitting you have a problem? Well, it isn't a problem - yet.  I am addicted to sewing for Cora.  Dresses are the "monkey on my back".  It started quite innocently, sewing a skirt onto a onesie making a Onesie dress (see previous post for link).
Then, I started on the Itty Bitty Baby Dress from Made by Rae.  I say started because it isn't finished yet.  As usual, I made it more complicated than it is! I made some mistakes, corrected them then made more mistakes which made me put it down out of frustration.  Easy fixes but it means undoing most of the bodice and re-sewing it.  I will finish it by the end of the week though!

Today's project is from my new favorite blog, Prudent Baby.  The Pillowcase Baby Dress looked super easy and cute so I had to give it a try!

Turns out it WAS super easy AND cute!

This is a pretty good view of the bottom trim.  I used a multi-colored ric-rac I had on hand.  So cute! I think my favorite use for it so far!

As you can see, instead of a single, wide length of ribbon, all I had on hand were thin ribbons so I used 4 colors as one ribbon for the tie.

The dress only took me a few hours to complete (I am sure it will be less next time!) and that included making the ribbon flowers and sewing them on the dress! I will be making more of these for sure! I know some little girls who need new dresses.

Next project? Finish the Itty Bitty Dress.  Then? Some felt baby shoes, tights, bloomers, who knows?!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You make me want to try these really bad....just not sure I'll get to them, but so cute and fun.