Saturday, June 14, 2008

More Wine, Please.

As I sit here to type, the headache pounds, the nausea washes over in waves and I am emitting a strong smell of alcohol from every pore in my body. Why? Nancy hosted an impromptu girls night to watch The Other Boleyn Girl.


From what I heard of the movie (get 6 ladies together and there will be some chattering), it was really good. The whole story intrigues me. Deceit, lies, political maneuvering, scandal, be-headings. I got the books from Nancy and I think I'll really enjoy them.

Anyway, Nancy was a wonderful host, keeping our glasses of wine full. After several glasses, I didn't need her help keeping it full. When all was said and done, I think we shared 9 bottles of wine. Yea, 9 bottles. We had such a great time talking and drinking we lost track of time and by the time I left, it was 2 a.m.

I am sitting here trying to remember but I am pretty sure we didn't speak once about our kids. It was great! We got to talk about everything under the sun and we didn't speak about our kids. That is what the night was for, time to get away and have some much needed downtime.

Thank you, Nancy! And thanks to Jenny, Paula, Misty and Sue. I had such a great time. It was well worth the hangover I will be nursing today! Next time we need to take some group pictures!

Ok, so here I am a few hours and a few bottles of water later and I am feeling pretty good. Just TIRED, very TIRED! The nausea passed very quickly, after I ate it was gone and the headache went just as quickly. Now I just feel stupid (head can't think quickly) and tired.

No comments: