Monday, October 11, 2010

Baby Girl's Room

Well, any of you who are friends with me on Facebook know we've been painting Baby Girl's Room for somewhere around 5 days.  Yes.  I said 5 days.

Why 5 days you ask? Well....the room used to have a purple Faux Finish that I didn't like along with a border of stenciled flowers.  After finding our colors at a local Benjamin Moore store, I decided to buy my paint from them.  I'd done some research comparing the two paint brands and found many people thought BM performed better and was worth the extra $8 a gallon.  Normally we are Behr people.  Never had a problem with Behr.  I wish we had gone with Behr or decided to prime the room first.

After the 4th day of painting, 3rd coat of yellow, 2nd coat of light pink and realizing we would need another coat of each, I was done.  I was crying while rolling on the 3rd coat of yellow and profusely apologizing to Josh for choosing a different brand of paint.

Our friend Jessica assured me all the work would be worth it in the end and it is.  I love the colors.  I have loved them since I chose them and now each time I walk into the room I smile.

This is the closet.  We took the doors off and painted the back wall a darker pink.  
The changing table will be in here as well as the typical closet stuff.
We are using the same dresser we used for Ethan as a changing table but we have painted it and spruced it up a bit.  You'll get to see that another time, can't show you all the surprises at once!

Door to the landing.
I want to use scrapbooking paper in here some where as wall art I am just not sure what to do yet (I am open for suggestions).  Oh, wait, I just came up with an idea!! (No, you don't get to know).  The accessories are undecided as well but I'm sure it will all come together.

Corner where the crib will likely be.
 I'll likely make the curtains but again, I have no idea what I'm going to do there (again, suggestions are welcome).

My tummy ~ 27 weeks.
As for Baby Girl and the pregnancy.  Things are going very well.  I am feeling very good.  This time with Ethan I was working full-time and my feet were so swollen I couldn't wear shoes in the evening.  Only minor swelling right now.  Josh, Ethan and I are enjoying feeling Baby Girl move around which is getting to be so easy because she is growing big.  Less than 90 days and my due date will be here.  We can't wait! Well, yes we can and we will!

No comments: